The Shore Student Dress Code is intended to set a standard of neat, casual, and appropriate dress for a school with high expectations for students presenting themselves responsibly. The simplicity of the code allows for easy identification, reduces fashion competition, and offers families options within a reasonable budget. It is the responsibility of the family to send children to school dressed in a manner that complies with the Dress Code.
- Dress chino-style or jean/cargo-style in solid color (not blue jean or denim material) are permitted.
- Leggings and yoga pants are permitted under shorts, skirts, or skorts.
May be worn until Thanksgiving break and after spring break for the Lower School and at any time for the Upper School.
- Length must be mid-thigh (4” inseam) to Bermuda length.
- Chino-style and Shore athletic shorts are permitted.
- Dress in solid color.
- Skirts and jumpers to just above the knee or longer.
- Collared shirt, in solid color (Oxford or turtleneck permitted).
- Short or long sleeves are permitted (shoulders must be covered).
- No mid-torso skin or underwear can be visible.
- Crew neck, turtleneck, V-neck, or cardigan in solid color.
- Long sleeve or vest permitted.
- Dress code shirt must be worn underneath.
- Shore hoodies permitted. The hood may not be worn inside the building.
- Oxford, boots, loafer, or athletic shoes worn properly.
- Shoes must be in good repair.
- Shoes must have closed toe and closed back (no sandals or flip-flops).
- No shoes with wheels are permitted.
GRADUATION DRESS CODE
The dress code options for Grade 8 students are as follows:
- Blue blazer, khaki pants, white dress shirt and tie, and loafers or dress shoes with socks.
- White pant-suit, white dress shirt with dress shoes or dress sandals.
- White dress--length must be to the knee or longer. The dress may be off the shoulder but not strapless with dress-code shoes or dress sandals.
The dress code options for Grade 9 students are as follows:
- Blue blazer, light blue dress pants, white dress shirt and tie, and loafers or dress shoes with socks.
- Light blue pant-suit, white dress shirt with dress shoes or dress sandals.
- Light blue dress--length must be to the knee or longer. The dress may be off the shoulder with dress-code shoes or dress sandals.
FORMAL OCCASION DRESS (GRADES 5–9)
- Dress or dress sweater/blouse, dress shirt with skirt or jumper.
- Dress, skirt, or jumper must come to just above the knee and no mid-torso skin or underwear may be visible.
- No halter styles or strapless dresses/blouses.
- Footwear should be appropriate for dress occasion; no flip/flops or beachwear.
- Solid color dress trousers.
- Solid color collared dress shirt.
- Oxford, loafer, or athletic shoes in good repair; socks.
- Black pants, or black skirt with black shoes/tights/socks.
- A white blouse, sweater, or white long sleeve button-down shirt.
Fridays, dances/community service and other trips, and specially designated dress-down days. On dress-down days, students may wear blue jeans, T-shirts, sweatpants, sports clothing, and clothes with hoods, prints, and patterns. No ripped clothing, T-shirts with inappropriate pictures or words, sleeveless shirts, or tank tops.